Search This Blog

Thursday, May 16, 2013

I Miss Janet Jackson - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I know she's off gallivanting around the world with her billionaire arab husband, but I think its time Mrs. Janet gets back to work. We need some new music from you Janet! I loved 2008's Rodney Jerkins produced, "Feedback", from the not-so-amazing "Discipline" and I even loved her soundtrack single "Nothing" from Tyler Perry's "Why Did I Get Married 2" but we are long overdue for a comeback album.

I would love it if Janet got together with Andy Butler from Hercules and Love Affair and put out some early 90's sounding house tracks reminiscent of artists like Inner City, Black Box and Technotronic. I would also love a collaboration between Janet and Calvin Harris who seems to do wonders when he gets in the studio with amazing female artists. The work he did with Kylie Minogue, Rihanna and most recently with Florence and the Machine all come to mind.
Anyway, I just uploaded some classic Janet from 2004 when she made a post Super Bowl appearance on Good Morning America to perform singles from her, at that time, newly released 2004 album, Damita Joe. She performed one of her very few memorable tracks from the last decade, All Nite (Don't Stop) and the very forgettable, disastrous first single, I Want You. She also talks about the Super Bowl incident and then some. Check it out and leave comments. Part two to come shortly.

No comments: