Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

KATE BUSH REVISITS & REVAMPS HER LATE 80's EARLY 90's MATERIAL


Kate Bush returns this year with her new album, Director's Cut, being released on her own label, Fish People, in conjunction with EMI. Kate takes several tracks from her '89 LP, "The Sensual World" along with tracks from her '93 effort, "The Red Shoes" and gives us modern reinterpretations saving the key elements.

I've had the opportunity to hear several tracks from the album, which I will review later. Most Kate Bush fans are nervous and excited to hear what she's done with what could be considered one of the most influential songs of her career, "This Woman's Work." I never thought a cover of such an inconic track could activate the same emotion that the original did. I was wrong when I heard Maxwell's cover in 2001 and I am wrong again after hearing Kate's cover of her own track in 2011. I couldn't imagine this track to be anymore haunting or chilling but Kate seems to have done it again with ease and has now got me even more excited for her upcoming album of new material due later this year. More feedback to come but for now, listen for yourselves. The return of Kate Bush...

Download: Kate Bush - This Woman's Work - 2011

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a great song. I like the new version; however I am not entirely sure if another version of this particular song was necessary. Hmmm... ?