Search This Blog

Saturday, June 12, 2010

BILLBOARD CHARTS WRAP UP - WEEK ENDING 6/11/2010


Here's a new segment that I have been meaning to start. This is the billboard charts wrap up along with my own personal charts as well.

The top 10 of the Hot 100 has been fairly static the last month until this weeks 2 new entries. The first from Black Eyed Peas, whose track, "Rock Your Body" jumps seven spots to the #9 position this week making this their 5th single from their 2009 album The E.N.D. to go top 10 while three of them went to the top of the summit. "Rock Your Body" doesn't look like its going to take the pole spot because while sales have climbed, airplay doesn't look like it will be increasing at this point. I congratulate the Black Eyed Peas on quite a successful, worldwide, album run and look forward to their next project.
La Roux also charts her second week in the Billboard hot 100 top ten. I never thought in a million years "Bulletproof" would even hit the hot 100 much less go as high as #8 (last weeks Hot 100). The only other chart action to note is Katy Perry's "California Gurls" ending Usher's reign at # 1 (3 weeks) with OMG. Congrats to Katy on her second number one single and if "California Girls" is a good representation of her upcoming album, Teenage Dream, then I expect to see her notch a few more # 1's this year.

Here's this week Top 10 from Billboard Hot 100:
01 - Katy Perry Featuring Snoop Dogg - California Gurls
02 - Usher Featuring will.i.am - OMG
03 - B.o.B Featuring Hayley Williams - Airplanes
04 - Ke$ha - Your Love Is My Drug
05 - Travie McCoy Featuring Bruno Mars - Billionaire
06 - Taio Cruz Featuring Ludacris - Break Your Heart
07 - Lady Gaga - Alejandro
08 - B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars - Nothin' On You
09 - The Black Eyed Peas - Rock That Body
10 - La Roux - Bulletproof


In contrast, here is my personal estrogen heavy top 11 for the week:

001 Kelis - Emancipate Kelis - Acapella - The Remixes
002 Robyn - Dancing on My Own Robyn - Dancing On My Own (Remixes) The Video: Dancing On My Own
003 Katy Perry - California Gurls Katy Perry - California Gurls (feat. Snoop Dogg) - Single - California Gurls (feat. Snoop Dogg)
004 Kelly Rowland - Commander Kelly Rowland - Commander (Extended Dance Mix) [feat. David Guetta] - Single
005 Christina Aguilera - Lift Me Up Christina Aguilera - Bionic (Deluxe Version) - Lift Me Up
006 Hot Chip - I Feel Better Hot Chip - I Feel Better - EP The Video: I Feel Better

007 Kylie Minogue - All The Lovers AMAZON MP3 STORE
008 M.I.A. - XXXO M.I.A. - Xxxo - Single - Xxxo
009 Lady Gaga - Alejandro Lady GaGa - Alejandro (The Remixes) The Video: Alejandro
010 Robyn - Fembot Robyn - Fembot - Single - Fembot
011 Kelis - 4th of July (Fireworks)Kelis - 4th of July (Fireworks) - Single

No comments: